Saturday, July 23, 2016

When plans change....

.... we make it fun!

Bilal was looking forward to having a pre-birthday sleepover with his cousins. For certain unavoidable reasons, it didn't materialize. He was obviously very disappointed; he'd been waiting for them all day and was so excited! So what did we do? Mama and baby decided to have a sleepover instead. And Baba was generous enough to give up his space in our bed and sleep in Bilal's room instead.

We started off with an intense game of Phase 10, between Safa, Bilal, and myself.


We didn't get through the entire game; ten phases take far too look when it's already a couple of hours past bedtime, but as has been happening quite often recently, I was decimated by the two genius players.

After the game, Bilal and I settled down for some snuggles, (and selfies), before calling it a night.


Somewhere in the middle of the night, I awoke to Bilal sleeping with his head firmly planted on my belly. Not very comfortable, but sort of cute, until I finally had to roll away to find a more comfortable position.

This morning though, this view really warmed my heart:

My little guy lying next to me, snuggled up with blankie and his favorite elephant, Fuzzy. Hard to believe that he will be turning 10 in just one more day!

We had a fun night, and made some great memories in the process!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails