Sunday, April 17, 2016

Pop of color

Our yard has been a work in progress for the past two and a half years. We have a beautiful home, but the landscaping done for us before we moved in was, let's just say, lacking. We have spent many, many, hours adding sod, planting more shrubs and flowering bushes, and even transplanting certain plants, on both the front and the back of the house. I have enjoyed working in the yard more than I ever thought I would, and even my terribly brown thumb is learning a thing or two. Zakir puts in even more time than I do, but I am proud to say that the end result is, for the most part, a result of hours of teamwork.

Our young, small azaleas are filling up with colorful blooms.



Am I allowed to play favorites with the plants in the garden? Because I think this one is my favorite:

Pretty pink streaks on gorgeous white blooms. And on the same plant:

Gorgeous hot pink flowers!

Our Japanese maple makes my heart smile:

After a shaky start, the little tree has found its roots, and seems to be so happy in its present location.

The roses are budding, although they don't have many blooms yet.

Even with the young spring blooms of the roses and azaleas, what is left of the winter flowers is still holding on. The pots at our doorstep are as bright and colorful as ever!

And we have a blissful space in the back yard, perfect for relaxing during a still slightly cool, but sunny Spring afternoon:
In a few weeks, the area behind our little bench with be full of colorful lantanas, some recently planted, and others salvaged from last year. What I love about these plants are the number of butterflies they attracted last year. Can't wait to see them this year too!

A couple of weeks ago we prepped our veggie patch, and have planted some tomatoes and peppers. We will be adding cucumbers to the mix soon, and look forward to enjoying the fruits from our own garden. Will have photos to share soon!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails