Sunday, February 14, 2016

Cupcakes and flowers

It's Valentine's Day today, a day typically celebrated for romance and friendship. Sunday is always a busy day for us, half of the day is usually spent at Sunday School, or its related activities. So yesterday we had the nephews over, had a delicious home cooked meal, and added some Valentine's cupcakes into the mix. I admit that the cupcakes were made from store bought mix, with a swirl of red food color (still have to hone my baking from scratch skills), but I made homemade cream cheese icing, which really was the icing on the cake! It was absolutely divine, and much better that the cupcakes themselves. The recipe I used can be found here. Hands down the better frosting I've ever had on a homemade cake! And a million times better than that shortcut stuff that is sold premade at the grocery store, in tubs. And so easy to make! Especially since we finally invested in a great Kitchen Aid stand mixer. Using it last night made me wonder how I've lived without one for all these years?!

And to add a little color to the kitchen, plus a little romance of course, my hubby brought me some lovely flowers. Red roses are just perfect!


Now if someone can find me the perfect, easy to bake recipe for cupcakes, please let me know!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails