Sunday, November 1, 2015

The Zoo

Wednesday was the fourth grade field trip to the Birmingham Zoo. I shuffled around my work schedule so that I could go with Bilal. The zoo has been decorated for the annual 'Boo at the Zoo' even, so you could find the Halloween theme throughout the park.

It was a bit of a dreary day; not cold, but wet, will light misting showers throughout most of the day. But it didn't dampen this guy's spirit!

The zoo has expanded since the last time we visited a couple of years ago, and I could hardly recognize the place this time around. There is also still a lot of construction going on.


The African Savannah section is always a hit, even though the giraffe encounter wasn't open. We were still able to enjoy them, though.



And you can see that it didn't rain the entire time we were there, there were a few brief breaks in the clouds; proof!







At the end of the trip there was a break for lunch, and a quick trip to the gift shop, before we headed home. I am so glad that my little guy still wants me along with him for field trips. I know the day probably isn't far off when he won't want me there!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails