Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day

I am so blessed to have three wonderful children, and of course, a great husband, without whom I wouldn't have been the mom of those kids! Mother's Day is just one day that we celebrate our moms, and ourselves being moms too! The weekend started with great gifts from my kids; a floppy sun hat for our upcoming cruise, and a large fluffy pillow to relax on. Can't wait to have an opportunity to use them! And Bilal gave me a hand made card and a cute clay plaque in art, presented to me beautifully gift wrapped (pics to follow). I have to find the perfect spot in the house to display it now.

I woke up with the desire to eat stuffed French toast. I actually think I dreamed about it too! Funny, since I've never made it before. But I got up, and looked up some ideas online. Then I made French toast stuffed with cream cheese and raspberry preserves for the family. They were delicious! I don't see why I shouldn't make breakfast for the kids on Mother's Day, because it is they who make me mom.

I worked at our Mosque's free clinic this afternoon, so it really wasn't quite a relaxing day, but it was a fulfilling one for sure. And I came home to Zakir's delicious grilled cheese and shrimp sandwiches for dinner, and watermelon for dessert. Yum!

I made sure to take time out for extra snuggles with Bilal at bedtime tonight, my one child who really still enjoys his snuggles. I know that as he grows, he won't need extra hugs and kisses at bedtime, so I need to savor these times with him while I can.

Happy Mother's Day to all!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails