Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Stack 'em Up

There has been one definite advantage of our move, and the construction of bookcases in our loft. All of a sudden we have a great place to store our many, many board games. Somewhere they are within reach, and readily visible, instead of stacked up on shelves in some kid's closet. So we have been taking out some old classics and reviving them. This evening Bilal and I played Life. It's been several years since I last played. In fact, I don't think I've ever played against Bilal.

But I have to admit, we have a new favorite. Last weekend we went to the store to buy a birthday present for one of Bilal's friends. While we were there I saw this game:

I remembered how much fun my brother and I used to have playing Jenga, and I couldn't resist buying it for us. And of course it didn't hurt that all games were 'buy one, get one 50% off'. So I jumped to the opportunity. Who would have thought that a handful of wooden blocks could mean so much fun? And Bilal is a worthy competitor, with a very steady hand!





Do you see the look of focus on his face? Priceless. Even though the older siblings have been wrapped up in school work and their computers, the two of us can still have some serious fun!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails