Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Ready for Eid!

The new moon has been sighted, and that means that the blessed month of Ramadan has come to an end. And tomorrow morning the celebrations begin. We will meet at the Birmingham Jefferson Convention Complex tomorrow morning for Eid prayers, and the rest of day will be spent doing fun stuff with the kids.

Since yesterday was my day off I took Safa to the mall to have henna applied on her hands. It's a great Eid tradition. One of her friends joined us there, but for her it was a new experience. I think their hands turned out lovely.

I got some applied on only one hand, since I was the designated driver. And by this morning the paste has dried and been washed off, leaving a loving, deep red color on our hands. It will last for a couple of weeks and eventually fade off after several washes. At work today, almost every patient asked me if I had a tattoo on my hand. Uh, no! Nothing that permanent ever goes on my body!

Looking forward to a festive day tomorrow!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails