Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The baby is seven!

Happy birthday to my (not so) little guy! Bilal turns seven years old today! What an interesting seven years it's been too! Safa was remarking yesterday that she remebers so well when he was born. Of course, she was ten at the time. But she said it made her feel old. Hey, what does that make me?! I don't even want to think about it.

We have a busy day today; his swim lesson from yesterday got rescheduled until today because of the weather.Zakir has a dental appointment in the morning, and then we both have full days at work. So we decided to do the gift giving an evening early, so that he'd actually get to play with his presents on his birthday.

He was already all giggles after reading big sister's 'Silly Monkey' card that she made for him. 'Monkey' is her nickname for him. Her gift for him was a huge set of art supplies. And a real artist's sketch pad. He's going to have a lot of fun with that!

And a Hot Wheels coloring book.

Yesterday we had been roaming around Hobby Lobby while waiting to meet a friend, and he was complaining that he needed more paint (and other art supplies). I had a hard time trying to tell him that we weren't buying paint today, because I didn't want to let him know his big sister had thought of it all already!

A huge box of crayons with a built in sharpener! 96 colors, wow!

Look at all that loot!

And a special hug for his sweetest big sister. She thought of everything! Bilal really loves his art.

And then it was time to open Mama and Baba's gift. Hmm, what could it be?

Wait, another layer of wrapping paper?

And another one? By then Bilal could hardly contain himself!

So may giggles, and one last layer!

Huh? What's this? "But I don't even have an iPad Mini. Why would I need a case?" He was more than a little bit confused. Zakir teased him and told him he needed to start saving up for one.


But then he got the real gift!

Wow, he was so overwhelmed!

I didn't get a picture of him rolling on the ground, you'll just have to trust me though, it was priceless. He was so overcome that he had to run upstairs, and decided to go change into his pajamas. I think he was having a hard time knowing what to say or do. We set it up in his new case for him.


And finally managed to grab him for a hug. Our sweet boy!

And last thing before bedtime, a birthday cupcake.

The only thing missing was that Big Brother wasn't home. But it's funny, he hasn't really mentioned missing Hamza. I thought he would be upset with him gone, but it hasn't really fazed him. And anyway, he'll be back in a couple of days! I think I'm the one who's really missing him, although I have been told that he and I need a break from each other once in a while. Sometimes moms and 14 year olds can really butt heads, and that happens at our house too, probably more than I ever mention!

We are going to try and make today, his actually birthday, a little special too, although the gifts have already been presented, and we are headed to work in an hour or two. Happy, happy birthday, precious boy!

1 comments:

Tora Cox said...

Happy Birthday, Bilal.

Related Posts with Thumbnails