Monday, May 6, 2013

Good Samaritans

Thankfully, they really do exist! Safa, my (usually) responsible teenager drove off from a gas station this afternoon with her wallet sitting on top of her car. Obviously, it flew out into the road, and someone (who happens to work nearby) saw it and picked it up. He contacted an associate, who tracked down our telephone number from her driver's license, and that person called me at home. Thankfully I was able to meet him later in the afternoon, and retrieve her wallet, with all its contents intact. Not only that, but the stranger even volunteered to meet me halfway in the pouring rain so that I wouldn't have to drive down 40 minutes to meet him during rush hour.

Thank you, Mr. Good Samaritan, I hope that some day I will be able to pay it forward. Meanwhile, my daughter will get into the habit of putting her wallet immediately back in the car when pumping gas.... I hope!

I have been a little under the weather lately, so haven't really been up to posting on the blog. Hopefully I'll play catch up soon!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails