Saturday, December 15, 2012

A new color!

Bilal tested for his next karate belt today. Tested, and got promoted! Now he has an orange/black belt to replace his solid orange one. He continues to move up the ranks with each test.

Today was one of those great test days when everyone who participated was promoted. Congrats to all!

Bilal is still not feeling great, although he has been back at school. This morning I actually thought we might have to hold off on him testing, because he woke up quite puny. But he wanted to go, and he had no fever, so I let him go, armed with a box of Kleenex.

By the time we came back home, he was feeling cold, complaining of an achy back, and then ran a low grade fever. So he climbed into our bed (still gave me a grin), and actually took a nap, which is very rare for him.

He only had some milk for breakfast, had a few snacks at the Dojo Christmas party (which he threw up after he came home), and we could only persuade him to have a little bit of milk at dinner time. Definitely not usual for him! This evening he has asked to sleep in out room (sacked out on the floor) and I have no problem with that. He doesn't usually ask to, and I just feel like keeping him closer to me. It has been an emotional couple of days, after learning about the senseless loss of lives in Newtown, Connecticut, yesterday morning. I just feel I need to hug my kids tighter. It reminds us of the fragility of life, for sure!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails