Tuesday, December 11, 2012

A bit unplanned

Today didn't quite go as planned. I had only a few patients on my schedule today so at the last minute I decided to block my schedule and transferred those patients on to Zakir's schedule. So it freed up my day, since I had a meeting planned at 12:30. Zakir and I just happened to drive into a lovely neighborhood recently, previously unknown to us. A small subdivision, with sidewalks, which are quite a luxury in our little city. And since we have been vacillating about possibly moving, we decided to contact the agent who had some lots for sale. That meeting with the agent led to another meeting today, this time with the builder too. Yes, we are seriously considering (still just considering) building a house. Exciting!

Anyway, about 10 minutes into the meeting, I got a call from the school nurse. Bilal came to the clinic with a tummy ache, a headache, and a fever of 101. Ugh! So I had to go pick up the puny little guy from school, and bring him back with me. Fortunately I had a Tylenol in the car, and little guy has learned to swallow pills, so I was able to give him some meds and bring him to the meeting. He kept himself occupied playing with my phone while we talked about various plans. With the location of the headache (over his temple and behind his eyes), I think we're dealing with more sinusitis. Although, with so many viruses going around, who knows? I had already called yesterday and scheduled him to see the ENT, so we just have to wait until his appointment next week. I'm thinking I'll be taking him to work with me tomorrow. Hoping tomorrow is better! And hoping that everyone else in the house stays well. Next week is exam week, and winter break after that!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails