Monday, September 24, 2012

Favorite Fish :)

This week I have homework along with Bilal. He, if course, has some reading to do and some spelling words to learn (he pretty much learns them during the week in school, actually), but it is his turn to be 'Favorite Fish' in class. Each student rotates in that role. Today I sent in some photos for him to share with the class. They will be on display for the week. And tomorrow he is taking in a favorite book to share. His choice is 'Pie in the Sky'. We both have great memories of reading that book together, and trying to find all the little things mentioned, in the pretty, colorful pictures, so I'm glad it's a book he chose.


On Wednesday he will take in a ziploc bag full of similar items, and the class will estimate how many of that item are in the bag. And on Thursday we will be sending in a letter to him, written by his parents, to be read in class. What a great opportunity to share what is so special about our little guy, and also send in some words of encouragement.

His special week will end on Friday with Bilal picking a joke to tell his class. He hasn't decided on that yet, but I'm sure we'll have a fun time choosing one.

Anyway, as I was browsing through some old photos, trying to pick some to send to school, I came across this cute pic of the boys with Atlas, and I thought I should share it again. The color of the trees in the background is reminding me if what is to come in the next few weeks. We are already starting to have some cool, crisp mornings, and drier weather. Fall has officially started and you can really feel it in the air!


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails