Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

I hope all you moms out there had a wonderfully relaxing Mother's Day. Mine definitely was; I spent a lot of the morning with Bilal, sorting out toys in his room and cleaning up his closet. This didn't make the day any less relaxing. After all, it's my kids that have made me a mom!

We went to Firehouse Subs for lunch, instead of trying to battle the crowds at a sit down restaurant. And in the afternoon we just relaxed at home. Farah and the kids came over, and we made a light dinner. After tucking the kids in for the night it has been quite peaceful.

Oh, and did I mention the gifts I received? A beautiful bouquet of roses from Zakir, a cute little door hanger from Safa and a personalized tile from Bilal. And from Hamza, a nice warm hug. Since I don't get nearly as many of those from him as I did when he was little, it was a very special present.

I am so blessed to have three precious children in my life that call me Mama. It's not all fun and games, but they definitely make the ups and downs of motherhood worth it.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails