Saturday, January 21, 2012

Karate demo

The kids participated in JIKA's demonstration in Springville today, as part of St. Vincent's health fair. We were there for a couple of hours, and various students performed katas and sparred, off and on throughout the morning.

First of all, Bilal helped Safa stretch.




And after some good stretches the demo began.


After the katas the students sparred each other. Safa and Hamza actually had the chance to spar against each other; I don't think they've done that before. You just don't typically have siblings oppose each other.
But then Bilal obviously wanted in on the fun. I don't think he's even started sparring at the Dojo yet. But he had no qualms getting in there, to try and kick and punch Safa!


We took some time out to roam around the health fair and I put my name into a drawing for door prizes. Later in the afternoon after we had left, I got a phone call informing me that I had won a prize and that they would leave it in the office for me to pick up on Monday if I couldn't come back to claim it. A bit surprising, I'm the one who never wins anything!

So it was a productive morning, and the kids had a great time.



They will be back in the Dojo on Monday, training with Sensei Michele again.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails