Sunday, September 18, 2011

Something to be thankful for

We have many, many things to be thankful for. Zakir and I have been blessed with three wonderful children, who are loving, intelligent and respectful. We are thankful for their health, and of course special mention goes to Bilal since it wasn't always this way. Today we feel particularly blessed because it has been five years since he had repair of his congenital heart defects. And during those five years, besides the few acute illnesses of childhood we've had to deal with, he's done very well. As happy and energetic as any other five year old.

The kids in Bilal's kindergarten class have created a binder, as a way to introduce themselves to all the parents. The binder rotates between students, and this weekend was Bilal's turn to bring it home to show us. I took a photo of his pages to share.



You might not be able to read the last part. Maybe I should have scanned it and then posted it, but it says, "I am special because that is how my brother is, and I want to be like him". Other children had entries like, 'My parents love me', or 'I am a good friend', or 'I give good hugs'. But Bilal had to mention his brother.

Isn't that sweet? I hope Hamza appreciates how much of a role model he is to Bilal, who looks up to him for everything!

2 comments:

Stefenie said...

Precious!!

Amyacl said...

Wow, I love that idea! I am still trying to get a handle on all the kids in Sebastian's class, and something like that would be great to have. And of course I love Bilal's pages. What a great little guy he is!

Related Posts with Thumbnails