Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Crazy Busy

Tuesday is my day off to be with Bilal but today was one of those days that made me feel that going to work would be a vacation. Here is what I accomplished today:

- Dropped Safa off at school (we carpool, and this is my week to take three middle-schoolers in the morning)

- Dropped off Zakir's shirts to be laundered

- Went to the courthouse to pay the car tags (we managed to get through the long line with Bilal's and my sanity intact, thanks to a carton of colorful Goldfish crackers and ahem, a lollipop. I only take those out at critical moments)

- Went grocery shopping, mostly for cat food. Our cats with their gourmet tastes thoroughly disliked the generic cat food we bought this weekend in an attempt to save some money, so we have had to revert to the pricier stuff. You should have seen Sammy's reaction when I replaced the cheap stuff with the food he's used to. It's like he'd been starving for a week!)

- After putting Bilal down for a nap I had two long and way overdue conversations with my cousins living in different parts of the world.

- Caught up on some office work I've been procrastinating on for too long

- After nap we picked up Safa from school and dropped a CD-R off at Hamza's school. Today were drama auditions and he forgot to take the CD this morning.

- Went back to Hamza's school an hour later to pick him up (normally he rides the bus, I think I like that better)

- After feeding the kids and dropping them off for karate I made my second trip to Safa's school for parent teacher chat night. That meeting lasted almost an hour and a half

- Walked in to the house and promptly scooped up Bilal for his bath. This was one of those days when he wanted to play in the tub for ever, so I had to deal with a tantrum when I carried him out, then another tantrum because he wanted to brush his teeth by himself, then another tantrum because the label on the bottle of Pediasure looked different from the one he's used too, and he wanted the "other sippy tup!!!", then another tantrum because he wanted to stay and play in Safa's room at bedtime, then another.......... well, you get the picture. Thankfully he's asleep now, although lately he's been waking up often in the middle of the night, demanding that Mama come up to his room. Ah, the terrible twos, what a delight!

- After spending a good deal of time cleaning up the mess in the kitchen I finally sat down with a cup of decaf tea, phew! As soon I am done venting I have to get back to my charts, I'm still behind in my clinic work. Coming to think of it, I'm never caught up!

On top of it all we haven't seen the sun in over three days. In fact, the rain finally eased up this evening; but the sky is still overcast. The remnants of tropical storm Fay have caused a steady downpour since early on this past weekend. Somehow the dull skies and lack of sun are so depressing, you don't need any other reason to feel tired and dumpy. Maybe tomorrow will be a brighter, sunnier day.


The Portas said...

Whoa! That is one full day of stuff! Hoping you got some good rest after all of that and that you see sunshine!!

Take care! xoxo

Amyacl said...

What a day! At least you got to check a lot of things off the to-do list... I wish I could send you some of our weather - after a rainy summer, we are finally having a beautiful week, sunny and not too hot.

Related Posts with Thumbnails